Fail to Log-In-MUST READ BEFORE INSTALL

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:17 PM
We have a few people who have reported Failed log-in Attempts. The reason is simple. WE DO NOT give out the password that automatically comes with this program. You need to run it once, then go to settings, change your password, save. Then restart the application, not the computer, but SecureIT v2. otherwise, it will use the built-in password, and the only way to get out of this is to restart your computer. Newer version V2.30.2.2 will start at startup, so once the newer version come out, we will begin to provide you with a publix password, but remember to CHANGE the password. This really isn't an Issue, you just need to know the solution.
Sep 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM
Hi,

My name is todd and I wanted to let you know i got your default passwords in about 5 seconds. I will let you know what I found if you like otherwise i will keep it to myself. also Does this program run in XP 64 bit? It seems to work however it fails with an error on ctrl+alt+delete. basically the security all the way around is flawed. the start menu will come up when it runs and the setting to disable the  task manager disables itself and allows access to it.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2008 at 2:20 AM
No, at this time, no tsting has been done ofr 64-bit OS. It works fine in 32 bit, however, the startmenu problem is a Vista problem that we are still trying to work around. We talked to Microsoft earlier and they said it was our drivers causing some of the flaws. Our newer release won;t be for a while. We are trying to fix our current problems.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2008 at 2:22 AM
Also, the disbaling of the task manager is defaulted as we expected people when using there computers might ant to use task manager,. When the program is running, it will disbale task manager automatically. That is normal.