Developer's Talk Only-Public NEEDS TO READ!!

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:49 PM
Developer's Talk goes here. We will be using this section to discuss many things at once, and look back at them, which we cannot do so easily in E-mail, and e-mail takes a while for my server to load, as well deos Luara's which can take up to 10 minutes to check.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:51 PM
So, what do you guys want to do about the Version 2.30.2.2??

I mean, we have atleast 40 days, but we will need to release it within the next 45 days.
Developer
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:54 PM
well, I ay we wait for our progress report after the 1 week interval and see how fast ere moving along. Then I would make a dicesion from there. I would prefer not to go any further out then lets say, 30 days because even 40-45 days is a long time. We can, and I'm sure we can, make better progress then that.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:56 PM
yeah, I se what you mean. We'll go from here and keep track. Now, what should we include in it, other then our already planned 25 themes.

List:

1. 25 New Themes
2. Use your picture Theme
3. Taskbar Hide Fix
4. Scrensaver pop-up
5. Start at Start-up
6. (Here is where we add things)
Developer
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Well, I guess we could add monitoring when your browsing the web. Maybe should think about expanding it from just a simple log-in tool, to a full blown Client that runs just like an antivirus. This was originally planned for the V5 releas, but, were moving so fast, we need to start thinking about what we can and cannot do, NOW.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM
yeah, true. I really don't know what we could add.

We could add a Module that would monior suspicous activity even when the Monitoring page is closed. That way if Registry changes are made or anything, it will require you to log-in to continue. Sounds harmless enough, it'll just be harder then I would like it to be.
Developer
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:00 PM
yes, as we all know. Messing around and making this work for both XP/Vista when trying to monitor registry and windows files will be a challege. Either we decide to make it just for Vista or for both. If we make it just for vista, we knock out som o our potential users, but bring it more options, which Vista supports.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:03 PM
I'm all up for going to Vista in 2009. Once 209 hits, pretty much XP doesn't exist to Microsoft. No more support, it will not be sold even to computr manufactures.Going to Vista now, probably won't hurt us that much, being that this program startimg from V1 has only ben download 1,028 time,s and is only used on a regular bases by 287 people world-wide. All of which have Vista!

It will be the new users to deal with.
Developer
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:06 PM
yeah, I see what you mean. I vote for Vista baby. We need those extra features that only Vista supports for the really good stuff that we want to ad to it. I am also thinking about adding it to IE explorer via a Toolbar, or maybe we just develop our own browser that uses this software with itself, so if sombody knows they will be going to a potentially unsecure website, they use a pop-up blocker enabled, maximum security, SecureIT v3 enabled browser, which in theory, being a new browser technology to the world, should put a mimimum to the harm unsafe websites can do. But ZI say V3 because we will need Vista, and lots of time if want to do it this way.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:07 PM
I strongly agree with you on this. Meet m back here Tomorrow at 4:00PM-5:00PM s we can continue. I would liemk these discussions to be here anyways so the public can read about what were planning on doing. And it helps out some of us who have crappy E-mail, most Luara. Min only takes a few minutes.
Developer
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:08 PM
yep, I will. No worries dude.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:09 PM
List of planned events:

1. Browser with SecureIT-V3
2. Active Anti-Virus-V3
3. Vista Changes-V2&V3

* Just making a list of possible changes for V3.
Developer
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Yep, that list will do. I see what you mean. Now we got a list for both V2 and V3. Hopefully V3 wil be the big one with the big stuff included.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Ok, so now that e have hit day 2 on 2.30.1.2 where do we go from here? I know we probably need to make some changes and add documentatio fo some kind. I don't want use a DOC file, but, I guess we can because Adobe isn't working too well for us at the moment.
Developer
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:21 PM
yeah, and I don't even have Adobe Acrobat for Vista. I had it for XP, but 6 doesn't work at all in Vista
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM
Yeah same for me. Well, why don't we just try to Word document for now, and then we'll need to get to work on upgrading and changing our program for now. We really don't have alot to worry about, we just need to get this done and out of the way. Documentation can be important.
Developer
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Yeah, true, so why don't I go ahead and upload the Word document because I have it with me now. At least it will give us some more to work with and allow people to reveiw the help topics and such and such before I add on to it. I just made something simple for now.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Ok, that will do. Once we get the some, or most of the programming out of The way we'll be good to go. I hope to see Luara on here soon, because she is suppose to be the one doing the backgrounds and themes.
Developer
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM
Yeah your right. She should be getting on here soon. Man, I can't type well today at all.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM
Alrighty then.

NOTE**[For Luara]

We need to know whats going on with you, we haven't spoken to you in awhile.
Developer
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:28 PM
Yeah, yeah. I'm working on it. I hope to be able to find the majority of the images so I don't have to actually work on them myself. This would take weeks if I had to. But, yeah, i'm working. I have also read all of your discusions. Although Codeplex is faster then my e-mail...it's still slow.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM
Ok then. I would prefer if i we can get working faster on this anyways. So do whatever you think is best.
Developer
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM
yeah, then I will ust work on getting these images instead of having to make them. Hopefully it saves us some time. I'm out for today.